Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Help, modem mode not working and VM CS in China useless

Hi guys, a new problem I have came across, no connection from hub to router through modem mode. I have to reset hub into router mode to get any internet. I have read about this exact problem that someone else posted up aswell.

I cant get an engineer because of the people on the phones, I phoned up 2-3 weeks ago and got some angry Chinese woman who was shouting at me that the hub is fine, if I want a new hub I have to pay, she put me through to a dead line after half hour or so of arguing, thanks for that.

I thought on Saturday I'll give it another try as I really need to use my own router for gaming, hub 3 wifi is shockingly bad.

I phone up and get a Chinese woman, I explain whats what, she tells me the usual, I say its just not working in modem mode, it is I can see connections to hub now, its in router mode thats why. :rolleyes:

she said you need an engineer and puts me through to another Chinese CS agent who I have the exact same convo with, this ones angrier, nothing wrong with hub, says she'll put me though to technical help.

I get an Indian this time, but not a technical advisor, just another CS agent, I told her I need technical help, she puts me through to a dead line, another 1h 35m call time and still no better off.

Can someone here please get me help with replacing this hub, I'm at my witts end with customer support on 150, they have been shocking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help, modem mode not working and VM CS in China useless

VM don't have customer support in China.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They have poor English speaking Asians in some Asian country call centre, but thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

they have a call centre in India, and a call centre in the UK.
both call centres have equally poor English speaking agents, as well as equally good English speaking agents.

with regards to your hub, it sounds like it's not fauly, but you aren't booting things up in the correct sequence correctly when in modem mode and/or you have a config issue on your router.

maybe if you wish to elaborate on that issue rather than going down the thinly veiled racist tones of your opening post you might get some progress.

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please post the model of the router that you have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@GBXPETE wrote:

Its the router is broken, does not work in modem mode, but works in router mode.

If it works in router mode then their is no reason why it can't work in modem mode the hardware for the ports works it just firmware and likely has been tested for modem mode. 

Try connecting a PC or change the MAC on your router to another you own. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:

If it works in router mode then their is no reason why it can't work in modem mode the hardware for the ports works it just firmware and likely has been tested for modem mode. 

Try connecting a PC or change the MAC on your router to another you own. 

i agree.
most likely misconfiguration by the OP or not booting things up in the correct order.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Its a wavlink AC1200 gaming router, its been working fine since January, now it will not connect. It's a very well known issue actually guys.

https://www.digihelpdesk.co.uk/virgin-superhub-3-heres-what-to-do-if-modem-mode-is-not-working/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's not a well known issue at all!

Did you actually read the link you provided because it doesn't actually have anything to say about the issue you are asking about. In fact it's just a page of meaningless fluff!

Highlighted
Rising star
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@GBXPETE wrote:

Its a wavlink AC1200 gaming router, its been working fine since January, now it will not connect. It's a very well known issue actually guys.

Wavlink do lots of AC1200 routers - which specific one is it?

When it doesn't work, what WAN IP address is shown on it's web management page?
Does the Wavlink get an IP when the SH3 is in router mode?

0 Kudos