cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Mobile not working!

SJ75
Tuning in

Samsung A22 Galaxy (my husband) cannot connect to virgin Wi-Fi, tried everything. Any suggestions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Has someone used the VM Connect app and paused the WiFi for his mobile ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you just asking about the phone connecting your home router? What happens when you select the SSID and enter the password? Has it worked before?

What have you tried so far - can you be more specific? Can other devices connect to the same router?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All other mobiles are connected and have good signal, Wi-Fi has good connection. OH has been connected before but we have had problems with virgin and he has been using wrong address. Tried changing everything, putting in hub address manually. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok... so when the user of this phone does a search for WiFi networks, does it find the one you're wanting to connect to?

They then enter the password and what happens?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It connects then goes off, even if I use my virgin connect app scan QR CODE. It doesn’t work. Signal very poor but only on his phone 

Client62
Legend

Has someone used the VM Connect app and paused the WiFi for his mobile ?

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @SJ75, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the handset not working on the Wi-Fi connection. 

Can you please provide an answer the question posted by @Client62 for me?

Please also advise if any reboots or resets have been performed on the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Everything has been done, in the end I have had to call an engineer out cz I tried everything.

I have but the mobile is not connected so can’t even pause it. Thanks though 

Client62
Legend

Do you understand that if a WiFi pause was applied in the past the Hub will continue preventing the mobile from connecting today.

The VM Connect app is so unreliable it may not show the paused entry.

I wrote these notes based on our Hub 3 but the concept is the same for a Hub 4 ot 5

Disable MAC filtering to re-enable Paused devices

Login to the Hub's menus at http://192.168.0.1

1) Advanced settings >>> Wireless >>> Security

1.1) then set Wireless MAC Filtering to Disabled

1.2) "Apply changes"

2) Advanced settings >>> Security >>> MAC Filtering

2.1) then delete all entries in the MAC filter list

2.2 Enable Always on

2.3) "Apply changes"