cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I can’t take it anymore with VM

Jessx
Joining in

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone can advise me on the issue I’ve been having with VM for roughly 6 months. 

I moved home, I contacted a VM agent, he told me to take my internet and tv box and just plug it into the new home, everything on my contract would stay the same, my monthly bills would be the same. Everything seemed perfect. But… 

When I moved home and plugged VM in nothing worked, we paid for an engineer to come out, again nothing worked. Because we were renovating the house and not living there, weeks and months past with no internet but I was still paying VM. £40 per month. I then get a bill for roughly £78 a month, which I was livid about because I don’t actually use the services and was just waiting for the contract to end to find a better provider so I contact VM and they said “ 

I've checked your account for you and I found out that you have move your services from a different address.

Unfortunately, our movers team failed to implement a contract suppression form as you currently have a new contract but not the same price. Cancelling now will issue an early cancellation fee of £288 as it is considered a new contract.”

I’m sorry if I’m misunderstanding here but how do I now have to pay a cancellation fee for a mistake that a VM agent had made, my contract was nearly over, I never signed nothing, nobody informed me of this new contract. I was promised that everything would just be the same until my end of contract date. 

I’ve spent hours on the phone to VM to just be hung up on or promised someone will ring me back but never do. In the meantime I’ve cancelled the direct debit because my issue after 6 months is still not been solved. This is taking a huge toll on my mental health. I’ve spent everyday this week contacting Virgin to still not have any outcome. 

if you’re reading this and thinking about joining Virgin DONT!! Customer service are rude and unprofessional, nobody wants to help you, they just want you money. I’ve been falsely put onto a contract that I do not want; but I now have to spent x amount of money to get out of because their agent made a mistake. 

Somebody please advise me on what I can do because it’s honestly getting ridiculous now

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jessx thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been put into a new contract without consent. And sorry for any inconvenience your experience may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf and raise a complaint. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R