Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello how i can order new hub 4.0

Hello i am just wondering how i can order the new Hub 4.0 because i see they are available again. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hello how i can order new hub 4.0

The only way to order them directly is to upgrade to Gig1.

Otherwise they are only available when Virgin Media contact you and offer you one.

There is no major difference between the Hub 4 or Hub 3, but are being offered to some customers because Virgin can see they may help with network management in areas where DOCSIS 3.1 has been switched on or may be soon.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Upgrade to 1Gbs package

or

Be in an area where the extra channels will help overcome connection problems in that area.

Have a good read of the Forums, it is nice and new and shiny with lots of teething problems.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’d advise against it. It’s plagued with numerous issues and is worse stability wise than the Hub3. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That answers the question I would have asked if this area had been one to receive the email 😁 

Especially since using a separate router anyway...

Oomph Hub3 (modem mode) RT-AC68U with Merlin F/W.

My Broadband Ping - VirginMedia

My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you’re running in modem mode then having a “newer” hub will make no difference 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

If you’re running in modem mode then having a “newer” hub will make no difference 

It could do if you're in an area with high utilisation, that's why VM are  keen to roll it out in those areas.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/10/virgin-media-uk-offering-free-upgrades-to-hub-4-router...

0 Kudos