Menu
Liveammo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Heavy rain, No WIFI

Hi, 

I'm losing broadband/internet connection when it rains heavily. This has happened in the past although I wasn't sure what was causing the problem. In the last 3 months, i've noticed a regular pattern - whenever it rains I lose connection. I haven't reported this to-date due to the Covid-19 lockdown as I don't expect anyone to come out to fix the problem. As things are normalising to some extent, i would like to know the following:

1. Is this a problem I can attend to myself? Preferably with a video tutorial or easy-2-understand guideline.

2. Alternatively, can i book an engineer online?

Thanks

0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Heavy rain, No WIFI

does the internet work OK on wired connections?, since sounds like possible water getting into the coax cabling feed this is something an engineer would need to look into, can wait a day or so for the forum staff to arrange this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hey Liveammo,

As @paultechy asked above, do you have issues with a wired connection at the same time that you lose your WiFi connection.

Is there any damage to your omni-box on the brown box on your outside wall? This maybe affecting your connection.

Do you have any issues with your TV during the down time you have with your WiFi?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Liveammo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the late reply.

Yes the problem occurs both with WIFI and wired connections. To clarify this occurs due to "heavy rain" 

0 Kudos
Liveammo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the late reply

Yes the problem occurs both with WIFI and wired connections. To clarify this occurs due to "heavy rain" 

Sorry if repeating the same answer twice

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Liveammo,

Thanks for popping back. I understand you're still having ongoing issues with your WiFi connection but can I ask if you can reboot your Hub for me? I've found your details using the information we have on here and can see that it's been a while since you rebooted. I'd like to see the fresh live details if it's possible so I can help. Can you also confirm whether your Hub is in full router mode (and not in modem mode) so we can check the full details.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Liveammo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa_CC

Rebooted the Super hub.

Yes router mode only.

The internet works flawlessly 99% of the time via WIFI and ethernet. The loss of internet (both WIFI and ethernet) only occurs during heavy rain. I'm assuming this is in relation to external wall components/box which is playing up when rain water is affecting internet access with rain water sips in.

0 Kudos
Liveammo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

any advice?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@Liveammo wrote:

any advice?

Mod replies can take 5-7 days 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Liveammo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary...

Gary if you don't mind me asking... are the Mods VM authorised representatives? I recall the one above informing they have access to view my account details? If yes, I'm assuming the forum/mod is no different to calling VM via the phones (same level of customer service)?

0 Kudos