Menu
fangster
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having to reboot Super Hub 2 3-4 times a day after wifi drops

Hi all,

We have a Super Hub 2, perfectly good 2G & 5G wifi signal throughout the house.

What with home working and home schooling now, the router doesn't seem to coping anymore.

We have one wired connection and many wifi ones. When it works, it's all fine, but 3-4 times a day the wifi stays connected but shows "no internet". The 5G is always affected but sometimes the 2G still works. The wired connection continues to work.

Rebooting the Hub resolves this issue until the next time.

I have used a complaint form to request a new router (as I can't work out any other way to connect with a human - didn't there used to be a webchat?) but I read on here the Super Hub 3 is even worse with wifi.

Any ideas on what to try other than a new Hub and also who knows the fastest way to speak to connect with a human (I seem to remember it is this forum!)

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having to reboot Super Hub 2 3-4 times a day after wifi drops

if you want to replace you hub2 with a hub3 then you can try this link - works for some people but not everyone. if you hang around the forum for a few days though a forum staffer should respond and can arrange delivery of a hub3.

You are correct, however, the hubs are generally poor at delivering good wireless connectivity - i guess it works for some people, but a lot of the complaints around here are about how bad it is..

if your hub2 is working well when using ethernet, then you could also consider buying yourself a better router/mesh system to provide gateway services and wireless etc.. and use the hub in modem mode.. this tends to be the preferred way of 

fangster
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. The link looked good as it was about upgrading SuperHub 2 to 3 but when I finished it said it was going to send me a new TV box too and upgrade me which I didn't want! I don't suppose you have a link to a webchat so I can talk to someone to stop this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
fangster
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

An update: I've finally got through to someone and they've ordered a new router! However they say the previous upgrade order isn't on the system so to ignore it despite me having had an email to confirm it! Something to keep an eye on...

Thanks for your help.

fangster
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Further update:

The router has arrived as promised!

However, despite assurances, have had an email confirming my new contract and new equipment! It also have a link to a "contact us" section on the webpage that doesn't exist (anymore?)! So have rung up again and got through to someone via the cancellation option (top tip: you can now press 1 for an automated over of 5% off for 6 months! Not much but one for those with social anxiety or who don't have time to wait to get a person). Anyway they say they have cancelled it and nothing bad will happen. Watch this space!

fangster
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Final update (hopefully).

The new router seems to be better and doesn't drop (I had to work out how to split the 2G & 5G channels as connections didn't reliably work).

For some reason my old laptop can't remember the new connection so I have to log in every day but it's being replaced soon...

And they haven't "upgraded" me, so all good.