Menu
Kinda
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Having to Constantly Reconnect to Router

I have Virgin Broadband and a sky and sky Q box and I constantly (a couple of times a day) have to reconnect to the router. Sometimes I have wifi on the computer that's OK but the sky box says I need to manually connect to the router. This has now extended to my laptop in the same room as the router and it needs to be manually connected to the router sometimes as well.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having to Constantly Reconnect to Router

Have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Kinda
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your kind reply, I've just spent another hour or so to get it running and LFC are about to play so will try later tonight and let you know how I get on. Kinda

0 Kudos
Kinda
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Conman - I've looked up factory reset of a router and its telling me I have to know how to re-set the settings to what they were and I don't know how to do this.
0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have plugged in the router from the day you got it and not changed anything on it manually, like your wifi password or any other settings then a factory reset just puts it back to the way is from the day you plugged it in. The only thing you need is the admin password on the bottom of the router to access the router and change the password to something of your own choosing should you wish to enter the router menu. All your devices will automatically connect again to the network as long as you never changed the network key or SSID in the router settings.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos