Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Having issues connecting to virgin superhub 3 with my iPad and iPhone since updating the latest iOS.

Since the last iOS update, I can’t connect to my Wi-Fi (superhub 3). I have followed all instruction on website (reboot, factory reset, checked all connections). Managed to get rid of weak security tab by following the advice on the community questions (used an iPad pre iOS 14). My iPhone and iPad both see the router, but won’t connect. We’ve not added any other new devices.

Any suggestions (getting through to Virgin for the last three days is beyond a joke now).... yes I understand it’s ‘COVID-19 cover, but you still charge the full amount.. so as a customer I think we can expect a full service?)....

thanks for any hints and tips.

cheers

Dean

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having issues connecting to virgin superhub 3 with my iPad and iPhone since updating the latest iOS.

@Deano737 wrote:

Since the last iOS update, I can’t connect to my Wi-Fi (superhub 3). I have followed all instruction on website (reboot, factory reset, checked all connections). Managed to get rid of weak security tab by following the advice on the community questions (used an iPad pre iOS 14). My iPhone and iPad both see the router, but won’t connect. We’ve not added any other new devices.

Any suggestions (getting through to Virgin for the last three days is beyond a joke now).... yes I understand it’s ‘COVID-19 cover, but you still charge the full amount.. so as a customer I think we can expect a full service?)....

thanks for any hints and tips.

cheers

Dean

Shouldn't you be contacting Apple?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Having issues connecting to virgin superhub 3 with my iPad and iPhone since updating the latest iOS.

On iOS 14 go to Settings > Privacy > Local Network and make sure access is enabled for the Connect app.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Connect to it in what sense?

You can access the admin page in a browser.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not helpful!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can’t connect with the app, when I scan the password, it can’t find the router. I have an iPad without ios14, so I can get I to the router via 192.168.0.1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can access admin via an iPad that doesn’t have ios14.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What do you need to use the app for that you can’t do in the admin pages?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Deano737 wrote:
Not helpful!

I assume this was pointed towards me (You didn't quote my post).

How do you expect VM to be aware of all software changes from third parties?

If other devices are working then it's nothing to do with VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m trying to get it to work, so I’m asking other virgin customers that might have had the same issue, I’m surely not the only apple user that has the issue since the last update. As VM is my service provider, i can only ask them... BT wouldn’t be able to answer it, and APPLE won’t deal with the connection issue... so instead of pointing out things that are obvious, but don’t help resolve the issue.. maybe constructive suggestions... I’ve tried to get through to Virgin, but there is no answer. When i reboot the router, I can log on the wifi for about 30 min, then it drops out again. 

0 Kudos