cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have just applied for this new Hub 5 have I made a big mistake?

nin10
On our wavelength

Really worried that I have made a mistake ordering this new hub. Not that good on computer , I thought it would help getting WIFI in downstairs rooms at moment I have to use a TP- link box to get WIFI to work. but have read that some people are having problems setting up their Wifi printers and phone I think my land line will be Ok as it is plugged into wall, but what about my mobiles.

Will I be able to keep my old router if this one doesn't work?

1 REPLY 1

jem101
Superstar

It is certainly true that a number of people have discovered and reported serious issues with the hub 5 - but what we can't tell is what proportion of the total rollout this is, after all people don't normally bother to create an account and post if all is well.

That being said, if you are unlucky enough to have problems which can't be resolved, the best thing is to hang onto your old hub (eventually you will need to return it), once the Hub 5 is activated then your old one will stop working - but as you will still have it, you can contact VM and request/demand that it be reactivated and the return the 5 instead. I would imagine that you would find any issues within a week or so of trying it out.

Now there have been numerous reports of users wanting to do this and being told by the normal offshore customer support staff that reverting isn't possible (wrong), that the cables have been updated so you can't go back (lie) - basically I think they don't know how or simply don't have the tools to do it. The best advice is to call back and select the 'thinking of leaving us option' and just tell them that the equipment isn't fit for purpose so either revert it or let me leave VM without penalty.