Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have a Hub4 and Would like a WIFI booster, cannot order through the app

We have a Hub 4 and the Wifi in my room is very poor, I am at the top of the house.

I have used the Connect App which has identified poor wifi in my room, however when I click through it leads to an error page and I cannot order the booster.

How can I get a booster ordered to my house? 

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have a Hub4 and Would like a WIFI booster, cannot order through the app

There have been a couple of reports on these forums of people having problems in the app when trying to order boosters. Have you tried calling Virgin Media to place an order?

My Broadband Ping - 24hr monitor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone or use the sms service

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I could not get through when phoning but will try again, I was also not aware of an SMS service could you direct me to the number for this please?

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My bad I have found the number now don't worry!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@JamesBarclay wrote:

We have a Hub 4 and the Wifi in my room is very poor, I am at the top of the house.

I have used the Connect App which has identified poor wifi in my room, however when I click through it leads to an error page and I cannot order the booster.

Are you sure that you have a Hub4 and not a Hub3?  The Connect App does not work on Hub4's !

If its a Hub3 and you get boosters they will charge you £3/month and that is poor value - better getting your own wireless equipment for a better solution.  If its a Hub4 then they will be free and are worth trying first.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos