cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been conned?

Greytgoof
Tuning in

I've had virgin broadband nearly a year now and I've called up today to notify them I'm moving and want to take it with me. Had no joy on the online chat after multiple attempts so figured a call would be easier. Move is all arranged for end of March and I've now got an email with a new contract. My argument is that I'm quite happy paying £25 a month which is the introductory price until September (when 18months will be up) but they are now rolling me onto another 18month contract starting from the end of March when I move meaning I'll be paying £51 a month from September until September 2024. I was intending on seeing if I could get out of it ever going up to £51. I was not told on the phone I'd be committed into a new contract

6 REPLIES 6

Emmadobsonx
Joining in

Don’t get me started on trying to move home with them. I agreed to move my virgin media to my new house which I won’t be in til September. This was because they tried to charge me a £180 cancellation fee; they said I could avoid paying it this way and not pay the bill until I’m connected in my new house. 

now I’m paying for wifi that doesn’t work since it’s been disconnected. And I have the stress of cancelling the engineers constantly til september comes. I have to cancel over the phone because their ‘make an account feature doesn’t even work. And over the phone is so annoying as they don’t listen. 

my advice to you. JUST CANCEL. Pay the fee, they’re not worth the hassle.

I have the option to cancel the new contract which I assume will revert it the original contract at the house I'm moving out of.

I planned to cancel in September anyway if they didn't honour the previous price. I'm more annoyed they've started a new contract without telling me

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Greytgoof, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to read of the issues with your package and bills following the house move recently, we'd love to best assist however we do not process cancellations from this end as we have a dedicated team for this.

Could you please advise if you've had the chance to speak to our team about this issue following this change and if so, what has been advised upon it on your previous contacts?

Also, has the service been installed in the new property or not yet? 

Please, let us know of the above and we're eager to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've called up today and was told the adviser I spoke to yesterday should have told me the recontracting was an automated process as part of the order but as I'm just moving house and taking my existing package on a like for like basis I won't be recontracted and to ignore any emails as I'll just keep my current contract which ends in September 

Well with the price hikes that provides you a clean out, id take it, get it cancelled then sign up for a new one at your new address

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this update, Greytgoof.

We're glad to see you've been in touch and got our advice on this issue.

When we move accounts (due to a house move) and during adding the contract details to the new account a default communication might be triggered, however adjustments/amendments are also processed following that stage of the data transfer.

If you're still uncertain about this, we'd be happy to have a look into the account for you and help.
Let us know if you have more questions or concerns too.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs