cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a look at my Installation and can see a potential hazard

Sid-Wiz
Tuning in

1000013167.png

Never spotted this before, but, that can't be right? Are virgin able to look at this? Also I noticed they tied the cable around a drain pipe (like a shoe lace). I would have preferred a shorter length but maybe that's for slack.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What's the specific issue you are concerned about?

Your picture shows an internal-grade telephone cable which has cracked and perished over time as it has been fitted outside and degraded due to UV light.

Does your VM phone line connect with this cable to a telephone wall socket? Do you have a telephone connection problem via a telephone master wall socket?

In VM's current telephone connections, the phone is provided from the back of the VM hub and this cable would not be used (unless it is feeding extension sockets in some way).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Sid-Wiz
Tuning in

Wait, I don't even know if that is the virgin cable now, I'll have to double check. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What's the specific issue you are concerned about?

Your picture shows an internal-grade telephone cable which has cracked and perished over time as it has been fitted outside and degraded due to UV light.

Does your VM phone line connect with this cable to a telephone wall socket? Do you have a telephone connection problem via a telephone master wall socket?

In VM's current telephone connections, the phone is provided from the back of the VM hub and this cable would not be used (unless it is feeding extension sockets in some way).

thanks for explaining, I realized it's not even the cable for VM, I got worried. but yes it's a satellite cable  gues I shud Chop it off thx

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Don't think it is satellite as you can see the multi-coloured cable cores inside on your photo. Most likely phone so look very carefully where it is going to/from before you decide to chop anything!