Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HUNG UP ON AGAIN! NO REMOTE DESKTOP ACCESS!!!

I've had issues with connecting to window Remote Desktop since yesterday, I was using it when suddenly the internet cut out and since then the internet came back but I could no longer connect to the remote desktop so I called up my work IT who informed me everything was working properly and tested this by remotely access my work desktop. I then tried to wifi hotspot my phone and connect to the remote desktop and it worked then!

So called up virgin media after waiting for 42 minutes I got hung up on, I called back and waited a further hour to get through only for the person to arrange an engineer because they couldn't see any issues, I said that there was no issue with accessing web pages only when 

This is clearly some kind metered restriction as I tried again at 5.30pm and it worked after a whole day wasted, am I going to refunded for the time wasted not being able to work!!

More frustrating is that I've logged in this morning and AGAIN, can access web pages but the remote desktop won't connect when connecting to my home virgin media wifi, this is UNACCEPTABLE, I'm again on the phone to virgin as I type trying to get through after AGAIN called up virgin media after waiting for 42 minutes I got hung up on, I'm currently on my second call this morning trying o speak to someone to get this resolved.

This is UNACCPETABLE to limit/restrict people home broadband, this essential during this time and absolutely disgusted at the service and response from virgin when you finally do get through to some, I've wasted hours trying to simply get through and the rest of my working day unable to do anything as I can't get full use from my broadband.

UNACCEPTABLE.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUNG UP ON AGAIN! NO REMOTE DESKTOP ACCESS!!!

Let's get this straight, you can connect to the internet but not your remote desktop ?

Which Hub are you using ?

Are you using any kind of third party router after the Hub ?

Do you use a VPN to connect to work ?

If yes, can you access BBC.co.uk through the VPN ?

Have you set your Hub up to use a VPN ?

Hub 3 firewall.

On for port forwarding to operate correctly.

Off for VPN to operate correctly.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUNG UP ON AGAIN! NO REMOTE DESKTOP ACCESS!!!

No one is limiting or restricting your broadband.

Have you rebooted the hub at all?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos