Menu
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HUB4 upgrade - NO INTERNET CONNECTION

I upgraded to Hub 4.0 but the hub does not connect and my devices say that it cannot detect an IP address.

Internet access crashed this morning and has not returned - and I cannot speak to anyone at Virgin because the call centre is unavailable, Hub 4 cannot be accessed for tests, and there is no online help for Hub 4 broadband issues!!

This is utterly ridiculous. I require Internet access for work and these problems are obstructing my business - and require me to buy internet access from BT OpenZone, doubling my costs. 

What a farce - very very disappointed (angry!) with Virgin. 

Is anyone else having similar problems and have you managed to get your internet back up and running? 

VIRGIN - CONTACT ME AND OPEN A TICKET PLEASE TO SORT THIS OUT ASAP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB4 upgrade - NO INTERNET CONNECTION

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

I upgraded to Hub 4.0 but the hub does not connect and my devices say that it cannot detect an IP address.

Internet access crashed this morning and has not returned - and I cannot speak to anyone at Virgin because the call centre is unavailable, Hub 4 cannot be accessed for tests, and there is no online help for Hub 4 broadband issues!!

This is utterly ridiculous. I require Internet access for work and these problems are obstructing my business - and require me to buy internet access from BT OpenZone, doubling my costs. 

What a farce - very very disappointed (angry!) with Virgin. 

Is anyone else having similar problems and have you managed to get your internet back up and running? 

VIRGIN - CONTACT ME AND OPEN A TICKET PLEASE TO SORT THIS OUT ASAP.

Why are you on a domestic service instead of a commercial contract ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you activated the new hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just rechecked the Virgin Business page and you get a 4G Backup as part of the contract, I bet that could save a few bob instead of a BT line.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos