Menu
Iwilliam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HUB3 - Overheating

I've been trying to get through to Customer Services with no joy, as my current router (HUB3) is overheating, resulting in intermittent connectivity.

I work for the Oil & Gas industry and find it very frustrating, (working from home) as I cannot contact my clients or do my work, due to this ongoing fault.

Who can I contact regarding a replacement unit, as I cannot get through to customer services, to speak with anybody.    

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB3 - Overheating

Hang on here and somebody will be along shortly to help.

In the meantime, try giving the hub a break when you can, also if its inside a cabinet or closed space try to let it get air, as silly as this sounds at this time of year but do you have a little fan you can use to keep it cool to avoid it offlining.  .

Also check if the any of the cables are loose and if so tighten or push them in.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums, Iwilliam,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your hub. You can out more regarding hub lights here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

If you have done a factory reset with the hub and it's not worked, then it will require replacing. Are you OK with self-install or do you require a tech visit?

Cheers,

Corey C

Iwilliam
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt

Thank you for your response. The unit is currently on top of our TV cabinet, with plenty of airflow, granted, its getting some heavy usage at the moment. I've also unplugged the unit so it can cool down and checked all cables, which normally helps, not the best solution, as it means I have to wait around 10 to 15mins for it to re-boot. To be fair, the unit has performed well, nevertheless, I fear some componentry must be breaking down. 

Iwilliam
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

To be fair, the unit has performed well, however, I fear that some componentry must be breaking down. I'm happy to do a self install.

Kind Regards

Ian
0 Kudos