Menu
morgurth
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HUB3 Ethernet ports dying randomly

Hi, 

Over last few months I noticed more frequent ethernet ports malfunctions. My NAS occupies 2/4 sockets and PCs are connected via Power Adapter. The first major failure was few days after I've set up my NAS. Few weeks after Ports died and restarting HUB did not fix anything so I started to suspect that the NAS MoBo was at fault. During my investigation have isolated NAS on eth ports and when I started unplugging NAS ethernet suddenly went live again. Since then my only workaround is to unplug all devices and then plug them back one by one. Problem occurs at random but I suspect that adding any new device (eth or wifi) can trigger the issue.

Since there is an obvious fault with ethernet controller in my HUB can I have it fixed or replaced?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB3 Ethernet ports dying randomly

Have you called it in to report it. You will get more "joy" by calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046) - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of these Hub3 problems - and they will try and sort it for you (as it’s their job to keep customers).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello morgurth, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with your current Hub, and it sounds like a replacement one is required. 

I have sent you a private message so this can be arranged. 

Thanks, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
morgurth
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jbrennand🙂 I've had couple of run ins with Call Center so I know how accurate your advice is. I would probably have it sorted that way, but then I thought:

1) Last time I had issues forum team guys reacted quickly and helped me resolve the issue in a flash.

2) Forum Team exhibits much more aptitude/merit and I suppose share similar feeling (albeit secretively) about the call center as customers do... It is, to me, bit weird to get your support tickets open via forum and not land line or a dedicated webApp but i guess they are victims of their success in a way.

I figured I will politely ask for help before applying workarounds.

Cheers.

Wojciech

0 Kudos
Fergie337
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue. Wifi is working fine but none of my ethernet connections are showing on the Superhub homepage. Managed to get them to show for 5 minutes by unplugging and then re-inserting however they disappeared after 10 minutes or so. It's really frustrating as our Hive Hub needs a wired connection along with my NAS, both of which are now out of commission until this is fixed. Our SH3 was only replaced a few months ago due to the last one bricking itself.

Any chance of a replacement ASAP to get this resolved?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Fergie337, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar problem. 

I have sent you a private message so I can assist you further with this. 

Thanks, 

Dean C

0 Kudos