cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 - set up?

siglov1
Joining in

Just received my HUB5. I didn't ask for it, I don't know how it works and it's staying in its box. Can an engineer set it up?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Pay attention to the paperwork with the Hub 5,  At some point soon the Hub 5 may become the only active Hub on your account the previous one being deactivated & retired from service.

Set up is easy, transfer all the cables off the previous Hub onto the Hub 5.  
Replace the previous PSU with the new one for the Hub 5.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If a very simple setup. Just remove the coax from your existing hub, might be push fit or screw. Insert into new hub. Remove any Ethernet cables, if you have any, from you existing hub and install onto new hub. Plug in the new hubs power supply at the hub and then the mains, turn on. All setup is done. If you want a technician’s visit to do this VM will charge you £25.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

carl_pearce
Community elder

We probably need to understand the reason for the delivery of the HUB.

If you don't have an internet connection currently with VM, however have other services like TV and Phone, you'll be provided a HUB for the switchover to VOIP, replacing the conventional phone line.

Hi siglov1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion regarding the new hub, carl_pearce has made an excellent point, that if you don't have broadband services with us currently this may be due to the phoneline switching over to a digital line.

If you do have broadband with us already, it could be that your old equipment is dated?

Let us know so we can continue to help.

Alex_Rm

Since I connected the HUB5 up, I've lost internet connection to my TV.

Client62
Legend

From the TV's settings, re-connect the TV's Wi-Fi to the Hub 5.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Client62 wrote:

From the TV's settings, re-connect the TV's Wi-Fi to the Hub 5.

Or better still... connect the TV to the Hub directly on an ethernet cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.