cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 CONNECTIVITY ISSUES

wmt02hotmail
Joining in

My Hub 5 has connectivity issues..I can not get any sense out of VM tech support on whatsapp despite me sending them many photos of Secure Connection Failed and cloudflare DNS issues.even this VM community site would not load. I have fing monitoring my connection and it faults consistently...The VM whatsapp support gave me this link to another VM dept who they state will help/resolve this...virginmedia.com/gadget with a  number of 0800 0147398. 1 the link goes nowhere and the first message at the number is that this a service that VM customers are to pay for.. wth, I have saved the whole whatsapp chat which took almost 12hrs from start to end only to end up with a BOT telling me agents will be back in the morning ...can anyone help? TBH my contract is up in feb24 and lthough VM have great speed the service is not fault free and robust and the technical customer service is ridiculous.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

On the Hub 5 lookout for a software update, LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6  (first seen 03/10/2023), does this make any difference.

If not, provide technical details of how your kit is configured, what your are trying to do include copies / screenshots of these error messages.   

Software version
:
LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6

Software version
:
LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6
After reseaching  the issue I believe it to be a DNS issue...I have seen VM post where it is suggested that it may be something as simple as the external cabling and connections up to the box in the street..I have changed my dns adaptor setting to cloudfare 1.1.1.1 with no joy..the only way I experience no dropouts is when I can get my OpenVpn to work...I have fing  monitoring my connection and get warnings lets say every half hour:connection restored or connection issues

Client62
Legend

I do not believe a DNS causes packet loss as it does not carry your traffic.

Out side of Fing, what kit or business applications are  affected & how ?