Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4

Can someone please tell me why the so called 'brillliant' HUB 4 is actual useless.  Since having the thing sent and installing it the internet is slow, random and very intermittent on devices.  Used to be able to use internet WITH NO PROBLEMS upstairs on the hub 3, but since being upgraded, it cannot be used.  Laptops have issues too as they keep getting kicked off. 

Can't get any reference on the Virgin website for a HUB 4, so why on earth send them to customers who pay a fortune for the service, who can not get the help they need??

Tried ringing to get answers, no support from virgin media, sent messages via the virgin media app, NO RESPONSE.  This whole service is really bad.

With National lockdown enforced and people isolating if in contact with covid cases etc, etc, how can this HUB be of any use to anyone. 

We have tried factory resetting the thing, tried loads of other things and the internet is bad.  If you are offered an upgrade to a HUB 4, Do not take it.  Not until Virgin Media can have a website that can direct you to help that actual concerns the Hub 4. 

The below message is what I've received today. I can't get help off Virgin. 

PVFC112_1-1605450341921.png

This is why I am asking the community, as that is what VIrgin is telling me to do, for help.Can anyone advise as to why on a HUB 3 there were no issues for any internet connection and now on a HUB 4 its absolutley terrible.

Regards

Pvfc112

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4

Forget Wi-Fi until the status of the WAN connection is confirmed.

What is your contracted speed ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you migrate to the 1GB service. If so you have to have a Hub4.

If not call in and say the Hub4 is not fit for purpose and you want the Hub3 reactivating. Do you still have it ? If not tell them you want a replacement Hub3 sent out. They will want the Hub4 returning of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the speedy answer,  when I can get through to someone at Virgin I will ask for a Hub 3 to be sent back out, I was unfortunate and sent it back like they asked me to.

At the moment trying to get contact with Virgin is like plaiting snot but thanks for the advice.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most people here will tell you that calling in at 08.00, is getting them through straight away. I was lucky when I last called - about a month ago - I got through fine in 15 minutes at 1pm on a Wednesday 🙂

You could also try texting on 07533 051809  -  include account name/number and request them - replies do take a bit longer. 

Finally, a VM person will pick this thread up here in a few days but can be up to a week.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your advice and help.

Fingers crossed 🤞 that it all works out.

0 Kudos