Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 no internet

hi

I got the HUB 4 a few days ago, installed it and all my devices said they couldn't connect to the internet. Then the Hub went red and got very hot. I re-installed the Super 2 Hub I had before. It worked ok. Then I tried the HUB 4 again and again, no internet. Only now when I tried to use the Super 2 Hub there is no internet either! I need to book an engineer - I have called all the available numbers over the last 3 days and spent over 10 hours on hold - no answer, or the calls are just dropped after 30 or 40 minutes! Please book me an engineer ASAP before I call BT and get them to provide my internet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 no internet

Did you activate the hub4?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank for your message. No, I didn't activate it, the instructions said it would automatically activate itself once connected. Is there something else I can do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How long did you leave the Hub4 connected for?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

first time I plugged it in I left it around 2 hours, but it got so hot I turned it off. I have just turned it on again today and it's working ok for about 15 minutes then the internet goes down. I turned it off and then back on and the internet came back on. I'm wondering now if it's going to go off again in a few minutes...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It could be running through a series of updates etc.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok.. thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the hub is now not working any longer. I think someone needs to come and see what's up. The old hub doesn't work any more either. So somewhere between plugging out the old hub and plugging in the new one I have lost internet.... There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the internet coming down the cable, as the hub has worked for several hours at a time.. but today it hasn't worked all day.. Virgin Media help line are still not answering calls within an hour of waiting.. surely there is better service than this available?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parker57, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issue with the service, we can see there is an issues with congestion in the area and the fault reference number is F008509852  we are working hard to get this resolved ^Chris

0 Kudos