Menu
alid61
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 and HP 6950 office jet with issues transmitting 2.4 GHZ band SSID

Hi

I have an Officejet HP6950 which connected wirelessly to HUB3.0, ever since I have upgraded to HUB4.0 it stopped working and did not connect to HUB wireless router. 

The HUB 4.0 router at 1GB is excellent as all my 5.0 GHZ devices connect and has boosted the Wireless to all areas of the house which the HUB 3.0 did not.

The HP printer is in the same vicinity as the HUB 4.0 router.

I have split the 2.4GHZ and 5.0GHZ by using different SSIDs and passwords, and have rebooted the HUB 4.0 router, but the printer wireless wizard does not pick the  SSID from the HUB4.0, both the 2.4 and the 5 GHZ band transmission.

The WPS that is enabled does not work and does not show in the home page of the router config page either. I have tried several times to connect the HP printer via WPS but no luck.

Do you think that the HUB 4.0 has issues with 2.4GHZ band transmission or the WPS connections, both via the push button and via the add client in the config Advanced settings WPS area. 

Could this be specific to the HUB 4 to router that I have just recently upgraded to the 1GB.

Your help would be much appreciated, in resolving this issue.

Many thanks

Kind regards

0 Kudos
VMnogood
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 and HP 6950 office jet with issues transmitting 2.4 GHZ band SSID

I have a problem with wireless printing form my HP printer, too. It still works on a wired connection but I can't print from any wireless devices eg Apple, nor using Wifi form my PC. My printer is an HP Envy Photo 7830. I've tried and tried to get help from VM with this but all they do is cut me off when they say there are putting me through to their dedicated team. HP tell me only VM can sort this out. If they don't, I'm cancelling and going to another internet provider. I hope you get a solution.

0 Kudos
alid61
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. 

The HP 6950 officejet is not wired, it is only Wireless and USB connections! Therefore if I cannot get this working with the HUB 4 it will make printing via HP printers that use 2.4GHZ band via wireless, redundant. Maybe HP need to upgrade their products to the 5GHz?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos