cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 - VPN security issue

jandspace
Joining in
I use a Macbook Pro which was given from my company. I have a VPN security issue. I cannot access my company server using VPN under VirginMedia broadband.
First of all, I cannot open Apple App Store It doesn't show anything at all (https://prnt.sc/ZUIs0PSSFiP8).
And all programs using my company account are pretty slow to load such as MS Office, Adobe, Slack and Zoom.

When I use other networks (such as my mobile network), the problem doesn't happen. So I think the issue is probably caused by VirginMedia settings. I don't use any security service add-ons. 

Could you let me know how to fix it?
2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lots of people have reported VPN issues with VM Hubs, just search this forum. Some threads have "workarounds" that work for some people. But TBH...the best way would be to put the VM Hub into modem mode and use your own router and wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jandspace

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issue accessing the network with your VPN. Please have your works IT department look into the VPN to see if there is an issue at their endpoint. We would be unable to support VPN connection issues unfortunately. 

Please let us know if one of the VIP's workarounds or guidance's have helped you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley