Menu
Designfreek1
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 Issues

I am having serious issues with my new HUB 4. It keeps losing connection and having to be restarted, at least once a day at present. Sometimes after restarting, it wont accept the current router password and needs to be turned off for a period of time, before accepting the password. It runs extremely hot at times, for which I have already had the power supply replaced by Virgin - which did not change a thing.

On another note, the tech support is non-existent, there is a specific team for HUB4 who are never available. The online testing does not work on HUB4 and the Connect app does not support HUB4 either. What is the point of launching your top broadband package and not having the support available for those who need it.

The web UI is still a joke and needs to be made a little more user friendly, offering router level parental controls (or maybe this should be included in the Connect App - once they finally get the HUB 4 supported.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 Issues

Is it the Hub losing connection to the internet or a device losing connection to the Hub ?

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Designfreek1
Joining in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry been manic. Have taken a look at the router status and I get a blank white box (see screenshot). I also setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and over the past few days have had dropouts galore.Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 17.33.03.pngScreenshot 2020-09-07 at 17.31.56.pngScreenshot 2020-09-07 at 17.31.46.pngScreenshot 2020-09-07 at 17.31.34.pngScreenshot 2020-09-07 at 17.31.25.png

Something is clearly not right. This last screenshot is from today. Had to just restart router AGAIN. Getting beyond a joke now.

Cant test the equipment due to it being a HUB 4. Cant seem to get an engineer booked to come out and take a look either.

0 Kudos
Designfreek1
Joining in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e8b22531f0d94c3919f638073ecf8b12ed4496a2

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Can you log in to the Hub 4 to get the Router Status ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Toiletduck2020
Tuning in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Did this continue? I have very similar issues since receiving a hub 4 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toiletduck2020,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues since receiving your new hub 4.0, So I can try to help please can you advise what is happening and what you have tried so far?

I have had a look into this further and I can see there is a congestion issue in your area which will be causing some connection issues, this has been raised un ticket number F007916488 and has been going on since lockdown started, the estimated fix date is 28/10/20 @ 09:00.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
freeness
Tuning in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

We are also having the same issues with the Hub 4 - Needs to be reset every couple of days and seems to be getting worse. The previous hub was working a lot better. We had it changed around June time and has been a nightmare since.

Some many things rely on the internet now - our hub is working in Modem mode - With Google Wifi connected.

We really need to have this resolved, tried to call a number of times but just constantly says long wait time of 1 hour and then still no one to help.

When i look at the hub it has the solid white light which should be good - but it doesn't start working until its reset.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@freeness wrote:

We are also having the same issues with the Hub 4 - Needs to be reset every couple of days and seems to be getting worse. The previous hub was working a lot better. We had it changed around June time and has been a nightmare since.

Some many things rely on the internet now - our hub is working in Modem mode - With Google Wifi connected.

We really need to have this resolved, tried to call a number of times but just constantly says long wait time of 1 hour and then still no one to help.

When i look at the hub it has the solid white light which should be good - but it doesn't start working until its reset.

Need what resolving?

If you're in Modem Mode with Google Wi-Fi what’s the issue?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
freeness
Tuning in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The issue is the internet keeps disconnecting some times it will come back itself (hardly ever) and 95% of the time you have to go and power of and then back on again otherwise it will sit like that all day.

There isn't a problem with the wifi - seems like the hub4 modem just stops working. When i go and have a look at it when its stopped the white light is on and the google wifi light is on but no internet connectivity until its reset.

hope that helps

0 Kudos