cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 Deco Mesh and Landline issues.

RozT
Tuning in

Firstly disclaimer I am not very technical savvy. This is my situation, with a Hub 4 router upstairs wi-if for two gamers was rubbish and so I bought and easily connected a Deco E4R mesh system all seemed ok then I started have issues with the landline which is connected to the HUB4 I could hear what people were saying but they could not hear me.

I decided the issue must be with the telephone so I purchased a Panasonic KX-TGC262E replaced the old phone set up exactly and now no dialling tone gave up and put the old phone back in place now that does not have any dialling tone either. Did try rebooting the Hub 4. When I ring the number from my mobile there is a ringing sound but nothing on the landline.

I logged into the HUB4 and let run a check it ticked telephone services but the only connected device was the Deco E4R . Any help greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

Are the Decos in router mode?

If your HUB 4 is still in router mode there would be conflicts between the two.

What subscription are you on? The Deco E4 only have 100Mbps ethernet ports so you'll be limited to this speed (Around 90Mbps including overheads) with any devices connected to the Decos, wired or wireless.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You need to look for a router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The 'one-way conversation' issue is a problem which gets regular mentions on the forums when the phone is connected via the VM hub. If you have now lost dial tone, that suggests a problem with your phone line.

For testing purposes, your phone should ideally be connected using the VM-supplied adapter and the original phone cable which came with the phone (as this combo is the one most likely to work).

The adapter connects to TEL1 on the VM hub (whether it is in modem mode or in router mode)

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

I am on the 1GB subscription the HUB4 is still in router mode I have considered changing it to modem but Imam guessing it is not as easy as flicking the switch.

I am going to try stripping it all back to the Hub and the phone only connected and see what happens then. I have to wait until my sons have finished with there games!

@RozT wrote:

I am on the 1GB subscription the HUB4 is still in router mode I have considered changing it to modem but Imam guessing it is not as easy as flicking the switch.

The Deco E4s are capable of less than a tenth of the speed of your subscription (90Mbps vs 1130Mbps).

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@RozT wrote:

I am going to try stripping it all back to the Hub and the phone only connected and see what happens then. I have to wait until my sons have finished with there games!

That would be a sensible approach to test the phone.

I am guessing that you have got two issues, namely a problem with your VM landline and the fact that the speed of your Deco system is not up to the capabilities of your hub package speed.