cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 - WEAK WIFI SECURITY

Dinger
Dialled in

With the regular loss of wifi and Weak Security it suggest to use WPA 3, but when I go into the Hub 3 it doesn’t give me the option to change to WPA 3.  The Hardversion is: 10 and the Software Version is: 9.1.2109.200.   Also says IPv4 Lease expires in 6 days

9 REPLIES 9

Sorry, tried all that.  The post you referred to is nearly 3 years old!!   Plus we are now on IOS 16.5.     My Hub 3 doesn’t show the option to use WPA 3.   Still getting the same problems.

Client62
Hero

Only Hub 5 has WPA3-SAE as a wireless security option.

Apple's Weak Security messages are triggered by WPA-PSK i.e. WPA1-PSK (pre 2006 era), not the lack of WPA3.

On a Hub 3 in Wireless >>> Security select WPA2-PSK for 2.4 + 5 Ghz, then Apple kit should be content.

It looks like this :

Client62_0-1680359554768.png

With the Hub 3 set to WPA2-PSK,  should the Weak Security messages continue, turn your attention to any WiFi Extenders / Powerline extenders / WiFi Access Points that also need to have WPA-PSK disabled on both the 2.4 & 5 Ghz bands.

@Dinger wrote:

Sorry, tried all that.  The post you referred to is nearly 3 years old!!   Plus we are now on IOS 16.5.     My Hub 3 doesn’t show the option to use WPA 3.   Still getting the same problems.

It certainily is still relevant as the HUB 3 is several years old.

The HUB 3 will never have WPA3.

thank you. I’ll just have to live with it.  I was told I would get a Hub 5 when I upgraded but it never materialised.

The HUB 5 is for Gig1 customers.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dinger,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Hub and that you were promised a Hub 5 but never received it.

Have you been in touch with our team to discuss your package content and why you've not received a Hub 5?

How is your connection getting on? Is there anything we can do to help you today?

Please let us know so that we can assist.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for all your help,  I’ll just have to try and work through things.  I’ve had engineers visits and even a senior guy came before Xmas.  I think a Hub 5 was ordered, but it never arrived.  I fully appreciate it was for the 1Gb.  I didn’t ask for it,  it was the engineers thst said that.

Hi Dinger,

Thank you for reaching back out, apologies you still have the same issue, the information carl_pearce added is still relevant and is a fix in most cases, apologies this didn't work for you.

Regards

Paul.