Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3 Ethernet ports all stopped working. Cant get through to customer service

Hi Everyone. I'm really hoping somone can help me out - i have a fairly new Hub3 and all was fine. Then for no reason, all the ethernet ports have stopped working. (WiFi still works fine). Reading up on this forum, it appears this is a common fault. This means i can no longer use my tv box, Hive hub, Hue Lighting, xbox etc.

I have been trying to contact Virgin Media customer services for about a week - but they never respond to live chat. 

Does anyone know how to contact this company for technical support? Seems they do everything they can to stop customers speaking with them - terrible experience. Is there a telephone number for them?

Any direction appreciated. 

thanks 

Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3 Ethernet ports all stopped working. Cant get through to customer service

what have you tried yourself to try and fix the problem? (ie basic troubleshooting)

have you tried rebooting the hub?
have you tried factory resetting the hub?

did you try googling for a telephone number? or even looking on the virgin website for the contact number?

i mean, come on!

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Re: HUB 3 Ethernet ports all stopped working. Cant get through to customer service

Hi Spgray and thank you for your response. I've tried reboot and factory reset. It appears to be a hardware issue. I have attempted to contact their customer service team and live chat. The telephone number cut me off after 1hour 37 minutes (ish). Twice. Livechat has a wait time of over 4 hours - so i left the live chat over whilst at work and 8 hours later, still no response.

Although i enjoy their service when it works, i can quite see why Virgin Media has a 1 star rating on trustpilot from 15k+ votes. Nightmare. 

If anyone knows of an email where i can submit a complaint or has any other sugestions, please let me know. I think i just need a new hub, but maybe it's a setting?

thanks 

Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hi Re: HUB 3 Ethernet ports all stopped working. Cant get through to customer service

there is no email method of contacting them for support.

the complaints process is documented here - https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

0345 454 1111 (or 150 on a virgin line) remains the primary method of contacting CS for support queries.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi Re: HUB 3 Ethernet ports all stopped working. Cant get through to customer service

Trustpilot is a source for people to vent and so on. The likes of Amex have a 2 star rating yet they are renowned for having the best customer service.

Did you do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again. thank you for the link - it's appreciated.

Alex

0 Kudos