Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3.0 Reports Access Denied Error

I have now posted a complain using the webform.  Lets see how long this takes to resolve. I am fully expecting another farce.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Virgin complaints team now on the phone live as I type.  Firstly they told me we did not lose total service so not eligible for any compensation??  I insist that we did in fact lose all broadband.  Then had to login here to get dates and times of the various issues.  He then conceded that we had lost service and would calculate what we are owed.  Now he is telling me are entitled to £40 credit. - 5 days downtime.    there was 12 days of downtime alone from the time they first answered a phonecall. And two appointments were missed.  By my reckoning that is £136 according to Virgins own compensation pages.  to offer less than a third of that? absolutely disgusting.  This guy is trying to tell me that the whole area had an outage and taht is why the engineer missed their  appointments with us.  But my neighbours on the street were unaffected? Really?  Such [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

This chap is unbelievable "ok so i am going to go ahead and apply £40 credit to your account and close this complaint"

me - "you can apply £40 credit, but i am not closing my complaint can you please attach a note to my account saying I have NOT accepted this complaint is resolved"

Virgin - "ok so i will go ahead and close your complaint"

me - "really?"....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

after being on hold for a few more minutes... "ok i can offer you £60 and we will close this complaint"

me "no thank you"

virgin "if you do not accept this £60 offer you can raise this complaint to second stage and no credit will be applied"

me "ok great lets go to second stage"

virgin "ok somebody will contact you within a few days"

me "thats great, thank you"

what a waste of time. 29 minutes i was on the phone for.  How do they even come to a figure of £60.  its not even divisible by £8.   Jokers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon,

Sorry to hear that we weren't able to close the complaint for you, can you tell me on what dates you had a complete loss of service with Virgin Media?

We would seek to offer you the £8.00 per day via the automated compensation scheme if this is a complete loss of service that goes beyond the 48 hour period.

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

fault was finally reported by phone (when you guys finally answered) on Saturday 7th september (total loss of broadband actually started on thursday 5th september).  Fault fixed 19th September.  During this time two deadlines/engineer appointments were missed.  How you guys can offer £60, (which is impossible to reach via any combination of your stated compensations) is beyond me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, can you please advise if the engineers were cancelled due to an outage being recognised in the local area?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

They claimed an outage in the area was recognised and it could take time to locate the fault due to waiting for permission from council blah blah blah.  I appear to have been the only person in my street affected and when the engineer fixed the issue she only worked at the cabinet which is 30 feet from our front door and the broadband modem in the house. Everything is already well documented in this thread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I'll drop you a PM to discuss this further

Kindest regards David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I have replied to your PM. Please go back and listen to the recording of the phonecall on saturday 7th september to your cancellations team. We were clearly told that compensation would be applied automatically from that date now that the fault had formally been logged.  

0 Kudos