Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HUB 2 - Connection issues

Hi there,
Im starting to having more and more issues with my original HUB 2 that i got back in 2013.
Both with the 2.4 and the 5ghz networks were they just stop working.
A reboot doesn't always resolves the issue.
Sometimes causes even more issues
I'm expected to work from home for the foreseeable future so how can i get a new HUB?
Dont need an engineer just the unit and a return label / parcel so i can send the old / current unit back.

PS the website is still a mess. logs you out everytime you try to use the help topics where they want to you log back in. over and over again...
Never been able to make changes to my package either only getting "oops something went wrong" error message
Tried texting but that didn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 2 - Connection issues

Hello

You may still be able to order a hub 3 from the following https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap VMare swapping the older hubs ready for the removal of the cooper phone lines, which is due to be completed end 2025. As it is a hub 2 if you can order a 3 then there will be no need to return the 2 as old kit.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sadly since the website is still a mess i can't do this.
Just getting this.

"Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online."

Have been getting this for years and everytime i've been told that someone was going to fix that.
Any other way someone could help with this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you hang on a VM staff member will resolve this for you and get the hub ordered, this may take a few days.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You can call, use the text service or wait for a mod to pick this thread up 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

From what i've read online the phone lines are too busy and some people have been trying for days to get through.
As stated i tried the texting method but that didn't work either. Got nothing back.

I'll wait until someone comes back to me on here.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey BasB85,

I can arrange for a new hub to be sent out for you but would need to take your details over a private message that I will send over in a moment and we can get passed account security and send the new hub out to you.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issues with my hub 2, also i get the message on upgrade to hub 3 message what can i do, i have had this hub for over 5 years it has never had a stable wifi connection dropping out on both 2.4 and 5, changing channel does nothing to fix the problem, takes about 10 mins 4 times a week to reset the hub Help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

check if you can request a replacement. if not might be best to create your own post so that there isn't any confusion on what is resolved and not 😉
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Seanbike,

I will drop over a private message in a moment, so that we can get this looked into further, I can see that you have an issue with your power levels as well.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos