Menu
MrsEmm1103
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HUB 1 NOT WORKING

I have the old type hub 1 and it's stopped working (all the lights are on at all times). We've tried all the problem solving things (checking connections, switching everything off and on again etc etc) but still nothing!

I tried an online chat earlier but by the time I finally got transferred to the correct department it was 25 minutes until they closed and nobody spoke to me.

Does anyone have any helpful tips I could try until I eventually get through to virgin?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 1 NOT WORKING

Call at 09.00 tomorrow or 08.00 on Monday and you should get through quickly.  As it belongs in the science museum now they will send a newer Hub out

You could try a pinhole reset. Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that kicks it into life,  If it does go in and change the wifi password back to the one you were using

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
MrsEmm1103
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, I'll give that a go 🙂

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello @MrsEmm1103.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

Sorry for the issues with your Hub-1, please can you tell me if this has now been fixed?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos