Menu
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 61 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Re: HP Printer Issue - Instant Ink

Hi both, 

We're sorry to hear that you are still having issues with this. 

Our support with third party equipment is limited I'm afraid. As your connection is working with our devices, we can only assume the issue relates to the printer itself. We do have a Gadget Rescue team who could help but this will be chargeable.

The Community may also be able to offer further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pari
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Kath

Is it possible to run a traceroute from my PC to HP that will see if data is getting through 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 63 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response @Pari.

This is not something we are able to assist with here. I have however been able to access your details on our systems and I can see your hub has been running for a long time. Please try rebooting your device as this can clear temporary errors and let me know if the connection issue persists?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
colby_gj
Tuning in
Message 64 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Update to my issue. I had HP printer support from Ireland for two hours about 3 days ago. We tried removing/adding web services again, but using my phone as the internet access point, i.e. taking the Virgin Media router/network kit out of the picture, as I have a phone from EE.
We had problems connecting via Bluetooth, so had to abandon the test, but it is an option.
The problem has always been that once web services was enabled, it looked initially all was fine, even the "Printer connection to HP Connected" = connected was fine... for about a minute or two. Every time tried to print the "Print info page" nothing would be printed, and the summary "Printer connection to HP Connected" would show un-connected.

FIX = A factory reset of the printer worked.
After a factory reset, enabling web-services, I was then finally able to print "Print info page", which gives you the "claim code" to add your device to "hp connected services" .... PHEW .. So NOTHING to do with ports being blocked at all.
0 Kudos
Pari
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

Was also on call to HP today but to no avail and reset printer etc

Can you please confirm if you was getting the following error message to start with ?

Pari_0-1643829350296.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
colby_gj
Tuning in
Message 66 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did.
Pari
On our wavelength
Message 67 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Tried that (factory retest from menu) and then connected printer to my phone hotspot but still getting message need to roll onto Instant Ink to print and when you get the code still get the above message

Is that what you did ?
0 Kudos
colby_gj
Tuning in
Message 68 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Did a factory reset whilst connected via cable. Using the phone as a hotpsot, and tuning off the WiFi (else you are back to using your own virgin media ISP for internet access), took far, far too long .. indeed it timed out trying to download the latest firmware patches (which is a requirement for instant ink service). So the decision was to perform a factory reset whilst connected via the cable.

0 Kudos
colby_gj
Tuning in
Message 69 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Does your printer not have a "EWS . Embedded Web Page", service. Used that on mine to "renable the web services", and then was able to "print info page" which gives you your code..

colby_gj_0-1644241967927.png

0 Kudos