cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Printer Issue - Instant Ink

jonwood007
Joining in

HP help line have advised after trying all sorts that the issue the problem could be Virgins and have asked me to have Virgin......"separate frequencies to 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and open the necessary ports for you. Those ports are TCP and UDP Ports: 45222 & 45223, 80, 5353, 5358, 5222, 5223, 5357, 3702, 443, 427, 8080, 209, 1900, 5298, 5350, 5351. Also, please deactivate firewall of the router."...... no idea what this means and its impossible to speak to Virgin!!!!

68 REPLIES 68

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Instant Ink worked fine with my Hub3 and Hub4 when I was running them with my Envy printer.

I made no additional changes. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Jonwood007 and welcome to our community.

It sounds like it's asking you to set up some port forwarding information. We have a page with information on this here

Thanks, Emily.

thanks for the reply they sent a new one!!!

burtlonglegs
Joining in

we have had exactly the same issue. and HP have asked us to do the same thing. how did u get it sorted please?

who sent a new what? we have the same problem thanks

Springer10112
Tuning in

Hi Please could anyone help?   Is there anyway I get through on the phone to Virgin Technical please as Hewlett Packard have asked me to do the following due to significant printer issue/loss:

1. Make the 2.4ghz and 5ghz separated into two networks
2. Wi-Fi password should be atleast alpha numeric
3. Enable port forwarding (TCP and UDP) for the unit on the following ports:
45222, 45223, 5222, 5223, 5353, 5357, 3702, 443, 427, and 80
4. Disable multicast blocking options (If applicable)
5. Deactivate the entire firewall on the router
6. Turn DMZ on from the router then add the static IP Address of the printer
7. Firmware Update of the router itself
After the technician updates the settings on your router, kindly call us back here so we can continue with your case:

Thank you for any advice, im so lost with this as on going for 2 weeks and I dont know how to get further help required to resolve this problem.

You don't need to port forward just get a better router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.  Will Virgin Media send a 1gb hub to me and put hub in modem mode?  How do i get this please (sorry, im not technically minded at all 😬)

@Springer10112 wrote:

Thank you.  Will Virgin Media send a 1gb hub to me and put hub in modem mode?  How do i get this please (sorry, im not technically minded at all 😬)

Is your issue specifically to do with the 'Instant Ink' feature of your printer (which is the topic you have joined on to) or some other aspect of the printer's wireless functionality?