Menu
s1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HP Laptop disconnecting from WiFi

I have a HP Laptop which keeps disconnecting from my Virgin Media WiFi so I keep dropping out of calls. I do not have the same issue with my phone or other branded laptops and I do not have this issue when I connect with this laptop to WiFi that is not Virgin. I have seen this issue on this forum before and have tried to resolve it by splitting my WiFi into two frequencies (2.4Hz and 5Hz) but that has not worked as it simply disconnects from the 5Hz connection and never reconnects until I manually click it. 

I constantly have to manually reconnect and call my colleagues back. Is there any way to resolve this issue? 

Thanks very much in advance. 

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HP Laptop disconnecting from WiFi

update the Wifi drivers on the laptop 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HP Laptop disconnecting from WiFi

Does this happen whilst you are sitting close to the Hub - or only in distant places. Do you have any other wifi devices where this is or isn't, happening ?

Can you connect on an ethernet cable directly into the Hub - and when you do does it still happen?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos