Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Green wifi light

Hello,

So this afternoon I received a slip through the door saying an engineer had been out as there is something to do with an RPBlock (I was at work during this). Anyway since then I have received an email saying everything is back on however I can’t get internet still. My wifi button is solid green and the power button is flashing green. I have a hub 3 and have had it for 3 years so not a new install. Everything just tells me to turn it on and off and check wires which I have done a million times. 
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Kaitlin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green wifi light

Switch the Hub off and unplug it from the mains for 5 minutes and then fire it up and see if that kicks it into life.
If not - perhaps it hasn't been fixed after all. So try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level - see if anything is still reported on there

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green wifi light

I eventually got this fixed however I would like to post the solution here in case anyone ends up with the same issue (unsure if this stays up after it has been answered).

Long story short if you receive an RPBlock they have disconnected you and they need to send an engineer out to rewire some part of this there is no fix on your end. 
The fact that I am not made aware of them disconnecting (Not a letter/phone call/text/email) is a kick in the teeth especially when I’m working from home and my flat mate has graded assessments online two days after the cut off.

I will say I saw a Facebook chat that gave me the head of complaints email and I emailed him twice and the next morning I had a phone call and an engineer out within half an hour.

This email isn’t on their site however so we followed the automated route and weren’t getting internet for at minimum a week. 

Thank you for replying and trying to help at least I know in the future why I’ve been cut off.

All the best,

Kaitlin

0 Kudos