Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Green power light flashing

Hi.., 

Hoping someone can help please.

For the last couple of hours I have had no broadband connection, my hub is only showing the green power light flashing. This happened around 7pm. I looked over the faqs and followed the steps, ie rebooting/checking cables etc. Service status for my area says that there are no problems. The website help just keeps sending me round in circles asking the same questions about which lights are on and to try cables... then do test again.. Hey presto webarebback to the start again. 

I really need this sorted as I am working from home and everything is web based. 

I am unable to get anyone on the phone, which I can understand, but no online chat/help appears to be available either. 

Help 😞

Cheers

JR

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green power light flashing

flashing power light is an external fault if you have changed nothing and checked everything which you have - the service status is for area faults - you may be part of that and its not been flagged yet but more likely to be local which would not show on there

you can keep trying to ring it in and see if anything is known - not much more you can do but wait and hopefully it will come back on its own

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Tony. 

Yes, nothing has been changed/moved with regards to cables etc. Never had any problems over the last few years until tonight.

Like you say, it may very well be a local issue. I guess I can only wait and see what happens. Very frustrating. 

From looking at the site, I beleive the help contact number are only available/open until 8pm... If they are even functioning. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have just made contact with customer service regarding the issue... After failing to get anywhere last night. The individual I spoke with has said he thinks It is an issue with my box/hub.

Explained that I am a key worker, working in Financial Services for Glasgow City Council, but I have been told the earliest they can have an engineer out is on Monday.  I need access today/tomorrow & Sunday due to the nature of. My work.

Very disappointing to say the least!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You can acquire a mobile data sim to carry you over the weekend. As my work is similarly important as yours I have both virgin and bt as backup just in case one goes down. I can't afford to be without Internet access at the current time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Z92, 

Thanks, 

Although, I would have no idea where to start in attempting to aquire a mobile data sim... And what to do with it! 

Is anyone aware of any other numbers I can call in order to try and get a technician out before monday. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@JR1978 wrote:

I have just made contact with customer service regarding the issue... After failing to get anywhere last night. The individual I spoke with has said he thinks It is an issue with my box/hub.

Explained that I am a key worker, working in Financial Services for Glasgow City Council, but I have been told the earliest they can have an engineer out is on Monday.  I need access today/tomorrow & Sunday due to the nature of. My work.

Very disappointing to say the least!! 

whilst i cannot dispute the diagnosis i would question it - they have a few get off the phone lines

1 - we will call you back

2 - your hub is faulty we will send you another one

3 - other similar things

try a reboot - if that does not help try a full reset - hold the buttons a good 30 sec and

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony, 

Not sure if I have enabled modem mode or not.. But this is what I get.. 

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.1 took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

And.... 

This site can’t be reached

192.168.100.1 took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

An update on my position, 

II have been in dialogue with the call centre since around 8am this morning. Absolute shambles, been cut off a few times, eventually when I did speak with someone they arranged for a technician to come out on Monday.  When I explained that I needed something sooner, I get cut off.

Called again and waited another 30mins to get through, to then explain my story again, was told that a manager would call me back within 2 hours. From reading comments in forum I was sceptical, so asked for assurance this would happen. Did it happen.. Of course not!

I then got a text stating that someone would be out tomorrow morning between 8 and12, and to text back yes or no. I immediately text back saying yes... Only to get a reply saying, sorry we cannot come out on Saturday, we will be out on Monday!!

Again around another 30 mins waiting  to get through, to ask to speak with a manager, on hold for another 15 mins to then speak with the 'manager' Raj... Only for him to cut me off when I asked for his surname.

I'm sorry, but this is not a way to treat customers. Can someone from VM please reach out and assist

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Similar situation. The support service is lazy workers who don't care if users have problems. And the worst thing is that nobody controls them. They switch from one line to three and so on in a circle. If there is no answer, they simply cut off the communication. I have not yet come across such an irresponsible company that positions itself as one of the best. It's just a shame.

#irresponsibility #lazy employees #lack of control.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos