Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Green lights flashing?

For the past 3 weeks my virgin hub has been automatically switching off from 11pm and automatically switching back on between 7:30-10am!?!? So from 11pm until morning I see green lights regardless of how many times I switch the box on and off.

I have rang several times and each time i get told there is a problem in my area (14) and engineers will fix today.

This is very frustrating as I work quite late at night and need access to WiFi.

When will this problem be fixed? Will you be reimbursing all your customers as we are paying for a service that you aren't supplying.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green lights flashing?

What does the service status page say?

Compensation is for total loss of service and doesn't apply to outages or planned works.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As of now no problems with WiFi so obviously the status is saying its fine HOWEVER, when it hits 11pm it will cut off like it has been doing for the past 3 weeks. Your phone lines will not be open at that time in the evening when it automatically switches off, so impossible to speak to anybody when the network is down. I just find it strange how your phone line conveniently opens when the service comes back on in the morning or you say the same message, that you are aware of the problem and your engineers are fixing the problem? Like how long is this going to take.

I dont understand whats going on.

I was also told when I rang that customers will be compensated in next bill for loss of service so please can you confirm this because like I said your service is down from 11pm.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is it just wifi devices that cut off ? What happens to ethernet cable connected ones at 11pm?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just wifi that cuts out. And green lights flash until the morning. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So check the service status page later then to see if it lists any works if/when it cuts off 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@TP2 wrote:

Just wifi that cuts out. And green lights flash until the morning. 

Just to be clear which of these lights are flashing green?

1) WiFi light?  (2) Power light ? (3) Internet light?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos