cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green light flashing- internet light

tp_17
Joining in

Hi there, is someone able to help me with this problem?

Around midnight last night i had my internet just switch on and when i checked the router it was 3 green lights and the internet light is flashing. I have no internet connection at all, i have checked all wires, made sure its connected properly and also reset the router using the ip: 192.168.0.1 and its still not working! Ive been in contact with virgin media and they are sending out a technician but earliest they can do is monday which is very annoying as i was planning on having friends around for the football match today 😞 

If there is someone out there that knows how to solve this please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is there a known issue - Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)
also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If there is a known issue then the Tech visit will be auto-cancelled until it is fixed. Sometimes a fix can be quick an hour or two - but nothing would be guaranteed for the footy

If there isn't and the fault is yours alone... then all you can do is wait for a Tech visit.

What did they say on the phone?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’ve looked at whether it’s something local but everything is fine in my area. When talking on the phone they said there is nothing they can do. They said to wait for tech to come and sort it out. I wanted this sorted today as I’ve got a son at university and he needs to get his work done. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If it requires a Tech visit - then getting one on Monday after calling in on Saturday is an exceptionally good response on a Residential package which has no "Service Level Agreement". Others have reported having to wait up to a week.

All you can really do is tether your devices to the phone and use the mobile data allowance

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.