Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Green flashing power light solid green wifi light

Ok so I got home yesterday and my hub has stopped working. The power light is flashing green with a solid green wifi light.

I have reset my hub approximately 4 times holding in the reset button. I have also turned the router off at the wall about the same amount of times.

I called customer service which took over an hour to get though to be told exactly what I already knew which is my router was not receiving a signal from virgin and that maybe a cable was lose. I explained that my hub hasnt moved from the spot it has sat for approximately 2 years and that it was working fine just an hour before. 

The virgin support member has said that they have booked a virtual engineer to call me and he will walk me though what I need to do to try to resolve the issue.

Is there anyone able to tell me here what I should do. As much as i think virgin is great when it works when it stops working they really have very poor service. I was told that I would recieve an email to confirm I called in and the engineer was booked. I have received no email and makes me doubt that the email was sent.

This is just a broadband connection there is no phone or tv connected. 

I know due to covid there maybe a delay in actually getting an engineer to come out but there is no way I will stay a customer if I'm waiting days on end to resolve this as they have just put up my bill again even in a pandemic. 

Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green flashing power light solid green wifi light

Wait for the engineer?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green flashing power light solid green wifi light

Hi Darren,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI looked into, I am sorry you're having this problem. 
I would like to ask a few questions and get you to do some things so we can try to work out what the root cause is. 
Have you done a WIFI scan with the Connect App? It will attempt to find any black spots in your home, if it does it may give you further advice on how to fix it.
I also have a link here which helps with troubleshooting intermittent connections, please have a look.
When a problem does occur, are there any lights on the HUB that could indicate a problem? 
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos