Menu
Julesb64
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green flashing lights all day!

Literally every day the internet goes! New hub fitted 12th January and has still been playing up. Today there have been 2 solid green lights and 1 flashing. It’s been reset, restarted numerous times and still doesn’t work! Homeschooling and working from home is just a nightmare!! Sick to death of such a rubbish service!! Have tried everything to get it going 😭😭😭

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green flashing lights all day!

Have you checked the service status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Which lights are solid and which is flashing? Or do you mean its the same light at different times - if so - which one ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Julesb64
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pointless! Always says there’s not a problem but when I run tests it says we can see you can’t get onto the internet 🤦🏼‍♀️ The bottom light is green, solid most of the time but sometimes flashes. The 2 arrows constantly flash and green light at top is solid. It’s still down at 02:30!! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Flashing arrows/wifi light It is a known bug on some Hub3’s and has been done to death on the board (just search for flashing wifi light). It’s unlikely VM will get round to fixing it !

In short it is the Hub looking for a WPS connection. try pressing the Hub's WPS button for around 20secs, or if that doesn't work, try disabling the push button WPS in the Hub's settings. You can search the boards for further info – or just use some black sticky tape

A flashing green base light usually means the hub is ranging & trying to lock onto a downstream channel. When it goes solid green it usually denotes the primary downstream is locked, & then after 30 seconds or so under normal service conditions this will turn white when all the other downstream channels are locked.

If it remains solid green & does not turn white the usual cause is a network issue. Best way to check is to try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.