Menu
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green cabinet in street damaged, automated number is useless. Please help!

Thanks, im guessing the last team didn’t have the spares to fix it so they had just stop it up to make it safer and stop the water getting in. Now its on its back again for whatever reason (my suspicion is vandals as i didn’t hear a vehicle hit and its outside my window and i was in that room the whole time). Hopefully the next team will have the spares or equipment to fix the broken cabinet and re mount it on the concrete pad.

Thanks for your help in escalating it, there should be a dedicated section on the website or phone tree to deal with these things. It doesnt appear there is and there are lots of complaints on the forums on this subject, can you suggest to the management that there is a clearer way to report and track these issues. There is only an automated number which you leave a message on and it does nothing. The customer service tree doesnt know how to deal with it and the forums have been the only positive move so far (thanks to the helpful people like you that monitor these things). It would be great to be able to simply and easily report damage to street boxes or other virgin network equipment in the same way that you can with indoor equipment such as your tv box 

Brett 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We do have the number to report this like you say, and we're able to email a team directly to get things sorted.

But i can certainly pass your feedback along yes 🙂 

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 25
Flag for a moderator

as an update the cabinet is still lying on its back on the grass. Nothing has happened, its still open to the elements and to further vandalism. This has been going on for a while now, are we any nearer to getting it fixed please?

Brett Gough

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brett,

Sorry for the delay, I've chased them again and have asked for an update or ETA.

We hope to get this cabinet fixed soon.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The cabinet is still the same, on its back with the innards exposed to the elements and wildlife. No sign of a virgin van at all. Can you please elevate this and give it some urgency, this cabinet serves a lot of customers and your equipment should be safe, secure and protected as intended. I cant believe im having to chase this

Please advise

Brett Gough

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to us Brett, very sorry to see this is still not sorted.

I've sent another email to chase this up and will pop back with an update as soon as I receive one.

Tom_F

chenks
Community elder
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator

the fact that you are not having any service issues would suggest the current state of the cabinet is not a major issue in terms of providing service.

you don't need to keep chasing, it will be resolved as and when virgin deem it prudent to do so.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
the fact that you are not having any service issues would suggest the current state of the cabinet is not a major issue in terms of providing service.

you don't need to keep chasing, it will be resolved as and when virgin deem it prudent to do so.

Alas that will probably be the day after the local youth have decided it’ll be a good idea to cut all the cables in it and VM are looking at paying compensation to each and every subscriber on it. £8 per day isn’t it?

chenks
Community elder
Message 19 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@jem101 wrote:

Alas that will probably be the day after the local youth have decided it’ll be a good idea to cut all the cables in it and VM are looking at paying compensation to each and every subscriber on it. £8 per day isn’t it?

well they haven't done so yet, so maybe the "youth" in that area aren't hoodlums.

0 Kudos
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t found “chenks" replies very helpful, more dismissive and almost mocking. The fact that we still have service is more by luck than judgement at this point. Cables and equipment are exposed to weather, vandalism and wildlife (we are near the fields and get all sorts through the gardens).  This has been going on for weeks and that kind of poor attitude isn't helping. I am more welcoming of the other responders from Virgin who are elevating the problem and asking for more urgent action. Its super frustrating that there isn't a way to get through to people in the phone tree that can actually do something about it, if the fault was with my set top box it would be replaced next day so why not the more valuable gear in the street. 

Anything that the helpful virgin people on this forum can do to get the damage to their cabinet rectified and the equipment made secure will be appreciated. 

Brett Gough

0 Kudos