Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Green WiFi symbol constantly flashing on Hub 3

My Hub 3 constantly has the green WiFi symbol flashing but does not seem to be affecting anything. I have reset the hub but the light flashes after some time again. I held the WPS button in for 30 seconds as recently suggested in another post and the light went away but it came back on the following day. What is this flashing light indicating and is it a problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green WiFi symbol constantly flashing on Hub 3

Hi, no theres no problem, its a known software issue which is being looked into.

Regards

Rich

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"known software issue" since day1 - judge for yourself when a fix will be rolled out 🙂

In short it is the Hub looking for a WPS connection. try pressing the Hub's WPS button for around 20secs, or if that doesn't work, try disabling the push button WPS in the Hub's settings. You can search the boards for further info on how to.

If it doesn't work for you - just use some black sticky tape 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The “flashing green LEDs” syndrome seems to be one of the few things that’s been fixed in the Hub4. Mind you other problems have probably been introduced!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the reply’s. Looks like black insulation tape will have to be used until the issue gets sorted. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jdajack wrote:

Thanks very much for the reply’s. Looks like black insulation tape will have to be used until the issue gets sorted. 

Or disable WPS?

0 Kudos