cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Flashing Power Light. New Hub 3

Mattie13
Just joined

Hi!

I received my Hub 3 today, I have plugged it in and followed all the instructions however there is just a flashing green light at the bottom and the wifi light is green. I can connect but there is no internet connection. 

I first plugged the wifi cable into the wall and this is what happened. I left it for over an hour and nothing changed. I then realised that the place where i plugged it into wasn't connected to anything and must have been an old one (I've just moved into this flat).

I looked around and found a cable that looks almost identical to the one provided by virgin coming out of a hole in the wall by the TV, so I removed the cable provided by Virgin from the Hub 3, and replaced it with the one coming out of the wall. The only difference being that this one screws on instead of pushing. 

However I'm still having the same issue so I'm worried this wire isn't connected either. 

I've not been able to find anywhere else to plug in the cable provided, the only other wifi related sockets are Openreach which obviously have a different port for the cable and aren't the ones I need. 

EDIT; If this is of any use, when i first turn it on there is an orange(ish) light for a while, this then flashes red once and then begins to flash the orange(ish) colour again before eventually flashing green forever.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder
Can you try calling 0800 953 9500 - They should be able to help with activation

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may also need to call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mattie13 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community and indeed Virgin Media.

I am sorry for the confusion with the install but I can see you've called us and booked an engineer visit. Let us know how that goes or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill