Menu
Aaron77
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Got my broadband which is great in the front of the house but really poor at the back

We got Virgin fitted and and it's great in our front room and bedroom above but in the back of the house and upstairs in the back it's really weak or not at all. I have tried to get a engineer to come out as well

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got my broadband which is great in the front of the house but really poor at the back

I assume you mean the wifi connection to the network is poor at the back of the house. They wont send an engineer for that - wifi is not guaranteed, connections on ethernet cable are. There is too much variation in customer's wifi environments.

VM's solution now is to supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" solution than that and it will be yours to own and use forever.

I have never used VM wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos