cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone Away Form (Moving Into New Property)

Bdcoll
Joining in

Hi Virgin media team

I have signed up for virgin broadband last week and I received an email today about the Gone Away form.

I’m not sure what this is about or anything that I should do.

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

The prevous owners still have an active connection at the address you are moving to, which means you cannot sign up until it's confirmed the previous owners are no longer living at the address, and don't require the current active account.

Ah well that's not ideal. 

The previous owners didn't leave particularly willingly so I doubt they are going to be much use at ironing this out.

@Bdcoll wrote:

Ah well that's not ideal. 

The previous owners didn't leave particularly willingly so I doubt they are going to be much use at ironing this out.

Well on the other hand, they are personally liable to keep paying VM until such time as they do cancel. But tell me, did they leave the VM hub there? Because if they did, and haven’t cancelled, there is a fair chance that it is still working, in which case, you get ‘free’ internet, in the short term anyway!

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Bdcoll 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t received your order, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more