Menu
Robhig1981
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 Hub 4 slow speed

I have upgraded to gig1 with the hub 4 and am not getting anywhere near 1gig, not even the guaranteed 50%. I have used Samknows speed check repeatedly and get an average of around 250mbps. Sometimes as low as 60mbps. The speed to the hub is showing as around 1040. I have mainly used a Samsung s20+ which is capable 2gig. I can't understand why the hub is receiving that speed but I am not getting that at the other end. I have repeatedly called virgin and been transfered to their second line team and after waiting anywhere between 30 min and an hour have gotten nowhere, the last time I called and got through, the agent said she will run some checks and then I got cut off, did they bother calling me back? Of course not!

On another note, I was told that the hub 4 would have better coverage around my house but the black spots are even worse than I had with hub3.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 Hub 4 slow speed

The hub 4 is wireless AC so you won't get anywhere near a gig over wifi.

If you want really fast WiFi you would have to spend a couple of hundred pound on a top of the range router

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig1 Hub 4 slow speed

Hi Robhig1981, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with reaching the speeds our 1GB service has to offer. As you've mentioned you are testing the speed using a WiFi device, can you try testing it on a PC or laptop via an ethernet cable to see if this changes things? 

If the speeds do increase then the issue will either be your mobile device or the WiFi network. I have had a look at your WiFi but there is nothing showing as being connected currently. Once devices connect to the Hub we can look further in to the coverage issues for you. 

Come back and let us know how the speeds are via the ethernet cable. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos