forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Gazza1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gig 1

I have ordered gig 1 will I get a WiFi booster with new hub ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Gig 1

@Gazza1967 wrote:

I have ordered gig 1 will I get a WiFi booster with new hub ?

Boosters have been replaced with the new plume pods. You won’t get them by default, you will have to order them

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not automatically.  Subject to the recently changed policy on additional wifi kit I believe you'd be entitled to one free mesh wifi pod, although you may need to use the VM Connect app to demonstrate a weak signal (or you may be able to blag one simply via a telephone call to support).  The new pods are light years better than the previous boosters, but because all of this has recently changed I can't say how familiar staff will be with the new rules, whether there will be sufficient stock to meet customer requests, or whether the Connect app will work with the Hub 4 yet.

Or if you're lucky a member of the forum staff might pick this up and sort something out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Home2016
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have recived one and they are ok but the covrage is not the best connected it at the top of landing and connect by v box to it singnal was say poor and this is in the next room.

then in the outher room was ok I think you need at least tow as the signal does not carry.

0 Kudos