Menu
trevormc
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gig 1 in my area or not?

I noticed on My Virgin Media this morning that it states that Gig1 is now in my area. But when I checked the list of cities and did a search, Nottingham doesn't come up so it's left me confused. Is it now available or not?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gig 1 in my area or not?

@trevormc wrote:

I noticed on My Virgin Media this morning that it states that Gig1 is now in my area. But when I checked the list of cities and did a search, Nottingham doesn't come up so it's left me confused. Is it now available or not?

do you mean your "Virgin Media Area" i.e. the area quoted on your account info? If so, they are billing rather than geographical areas.. so it may not be available to you yet. Nottingham isn't listed as a gig 1 area at least..

0 Kudos
trevormc
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, it was an advert splash that said 'Gig 1our fastest future ready broadband is in your area now'.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try the postcode check on the VM site and see if it offers you 1GB. When I try that - the headline message is 1GBis in your Area - but when you try and order it - it isn't an option - 500 is the Max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
trevormc
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ive already done that John and it returns 600mbps which I have
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will have to wait then... 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
trevormc
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I went on chat this morning and it took them 30 minutes to tell me that Gig 1 isn't available in my area. It seemed to take forever each time I answered their questions.

It shouldn't come up on My Virgin Media saying that it is.

0 Kudos