Menu
Moleym
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Getting cut off with no notice

We sold our house and buyers asked if they could let Virgin know that they would take our service set up.  We agreed, the Virgin's Home Mover rang us to talk about it and assured us we would not be cut off or anything.  We have not asked for the service to cease or confirmed a moving date, neither have we had any written confirmation of any calls or service changes (which would have alerted us to take some action!)

Then, woke up on 21 Jan 21 to no internet and no telephone.  Despite spending hours waiting to talk to very unhelpful people who kept telling us that we asked for this to be done, getting Customer (no)Service to say we would get the service reconnected in 24 hours, it is now 13:00 on 23 Jan 21 and guess what - still no service!!!

Our neighbour is kindly letting us use their connection.

I am a pensioner and diabetic, we have elderly parents a few hundred miles away, a relative has just died in USA and we are trying to look for another home.

PLEASE can anyone help or advise what to do?  (and thank you for reading my rant!)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting cut off with no notice

I will ask for a VM person to come here and see what they can do

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting cut off with no notice

Hi Moleym

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for this issue. I cannot guarantee to fix this but we will assist further via PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos