Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Getting Connected

Wow! How hard is it to get virgin broadband? It was confirmed that I could get broadband, so yippee! I told BT with glee that I was leaving after suffering years of appalling download speeds, only to be told THE DAY BEFORE installation that the cabling is too much to connect my property. I live in a small cul de sac/courtyard and guess what 90% of my neighbours have Virgin broadband!  One of them mentioned that they had also had significant issues getting Virgin to install the cable, but they did it - although joked they had PTSD talking about it now! My next door neighbour  Who I am actually joined to has Virgin! 
Someone, a site assessment person is coming back out next Friday, anyone offer any suggestions because I literally can’t attend meeting or indeed watch anything on iplayer with the current shocking internet connection! 
Thanks 🙏🏼

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Connected

It’s down to VM where they install (or not).

Digging up the street etc. and getting wayleaves cost £10k each time.

They might be able to “spur” you off a neighbours box. Then again they might not. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If virgin decide not to take you as a customer they don't have to. Try again in another 6 to 12 months and they may change their mind. They seem to do that. Or maybe its because its a different person? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI NicWatkins, thanks for messaging us and we are sorry to hear that you cannot be installed at present, we are always looking at installing the service and hopefully this can be installed in the future. Chris.

0 Kudos