Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Get my wifi to the garden

I need to connect to my wifi at the bottom of the garden.  I already have 1 booster needed in the house.  Do I use another booster or have I hot to get another hub

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Get my wifi to the garden

how far away is the bottom of the garden?
WIFI has distance limitation unless you start adding extra points.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Where we need it is about 30 to 40 feet from the house

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You could get another booster and point it down the garden - but only if you qualify for a free one - if you are paying £3/mo you would be better advised in getting your own better quality wireless equipment.

Is it to a garden room of some sort that has electrical power to it?   If its just sitting out at the bottom of the garden, then I would get an exterior grade wireless access point and mount it on an exterior wall pointing at the area. It would need a power supply and connecting to the Hub by ethernet cable though (can do both on one cable).

Another solution would be to ditch the booster and get your own wifi Mesh system and place one of the units as close to the location as you can (window ledge?).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes its for a garden room so there is an electric supply there.  If we have another booster we would have to pay the £3pm as far as I'm aware.  So, theres something we can get to install there rather than having a virgin booster?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes lots of options - but you would need to have a Cat5e or better ethernet cable running to the garden room from the Hub.

Is that already there or feasible to do?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There isnt atvtge moment bit I think it would be possible 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

With ethernet cable and power in there your options are wide and varied 🙂

As a mid-priced example this is £60 and has good wifi and 4 additional 1GB ethernet ports - plenty!

Some similar devices are cheaper some pricier (specs will vary) - but this is a goodun.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-AC2000-Wireless-Access-WAC124-100UKS/dp/B01N47QKDQ/

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's great   thank you for your help 

0 Kudos