Menu
Little_patience
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

General poor service

Our street whatsapp group is basically about virgin media issues. We are all fed up. Apparently the "box" servicing the area is long overdue an upgrade, so an engineer told someone. How do we contact Virgin media to find out when they plan to sort the issues out as ita been going on for too long now. If I had a phone line and easy to change to another provider i would have by now.

(And seriously, do they rank users of this "community" for the number of answers/usage...this is nuts, the service should just work and there shouldn't  be a need for this "community".  This is customer service gone mad)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: General poor service

Call in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) which is include as minutes in most mobile plans and see what they say about your issue. Calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

Also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of known local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that may not cover problems affecting a few customers.

This is the best number to get an update on what is happening for multiple affected customers if they "know" its an issue in your location

If you do want help from the community on here - post up specific details of you issue - if you dont just call it in.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: General poor service

@Little_patience wrote:

(And seriously, do they rank users of this "community" for the number of answers/usage...this is nuts, the service should just work and there shouldn't  be a need for this "community".  This is customer service gone mad)

An alternative, particularly if you don't get far by calling in, is to raise a complaint via the VM website, and follow that up, even to CISAS if necessary;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint

As for the Help Community - many ISPs and utility companies have such forums - they can be a great way for those who have experienced a particular type of issue, or have relevant skills/knowledge to help others.  I for one think they are a good thing, though they should not be a substitute for a good customer service system (and Virgin Media's is generally poor in my view).  I've received help from others through these forums and hopefully I've helped some too.  The 'rank' is not just down to the number of answers/usage but also the quality of the responses/input.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos